CHILD CARE CENTRES (0-3 YEARS)Government Childcare Centres are managed by the Foundation for Educational Services (FES). Government Childcare centres are registered with the Directorate for Quality and Standards in Education (DQSE)​ and strictly follow all standards set by the Policy for Child Care Facilities.OVERVIEWChildcare services are offered to children aged between three months and three years. A personalised service of quality care for all children i​​s offered, most particularly to children at risk of social exclusion. The centres follow the National Standards for Child Day Care Facilities (2006).The service provision is based on the principle of educare; activities are therefore focused on the all areas of child development including social, emotional, physical, intellectual, communication and creativity. The daily programme is balanced to include a wide variety of play activities that stimulate learning in a modern, safe and fully equipped environment. FES staff work together with parents/guardians to ensure that the full potential of each child is reached.Our Centres offer services to all children and families but give priority to the following:

  • Children aged between 3 months and 3 years.
  • Children who would benefit from spending time in the centre due to family circumstances.
  • ​Children whose parents would need respite due to serious problems (e.g. health problems).
  • Children of single parents especially those who choose to follow a course or decide to start working to improve their financial situation.
  • ​Children who have developmental delays (e.g. communication needs) and need more individual attention before starting kindergarten.
  • Children who live within the locality or other College localities.
  • Children whose parents work within or close to the locality.

KINDERGARTEN CLASSES (3-5 years)Children are registered in schools to initiate Primary School at the earliest when they become 2 years 9 months.
Parents are to register their children with the Head of the Primary School of their locality. Documents to be taken:

  • ​​ID Card of both Parents
  • ​In case of separated/annulled parents: Court Degree of Separation/Annulment

Useful Links

Childcare Centre Registration
Childcare Centre List